901 Valley View Cir, Bloomington, IL | Directions 6170440.489678 -89.032129
We moved to the area from Georgia and I was very apprehensive based on the poor reviews this place has on multiple websites. I was honest and told the manager that the feedback online was the only factor that would stop us from moving in. I'm not sure if this mention is why I get good cooperation from the office or not, but I can say that I have had a very good experience thus far. I had two plumbing issues that were both fixed within an hour or two of my calls. I also had a bug problem and their bug guy (offsite professional company) took care of it. There are children that play in the parking lots sometimes, but I haven't had any of the problems with car damage or anything. I am from a place with truly BAD kids. Comparatively, these kids aren't bad at all they are kids! The apartments are newer and there is a lot of good storage space. I do occasionally hear my neighbor bumping around upstairs, but its an apartment. If you want certain amenities, you just have to rent/buy a house. The apartments are close to restaurants, hotels and Wally World so the location is good. If you are going to move here, mention the bad reviews and it just might improve your treatment!
Check before you move – I have posted before on here....not sure where it went? Anyway, here are the good and bad things I have seen and or dealt with:
1) Good sized bedrooms, no carpet in the kitchen which is very nice, ceiling fan in living room, storage unit inside, and sliding glass doors off the living room is nice, (we had a nice breeze last fall).
2) Maintenance man, (one of them) is very polite, they are prompt at getting to it, fixes things properly and seems to really care about his job.
1) Upon moving in I found dead brown things behind my cabinet drawers, the carpet was dirty, smelled of smoke, stained, which shocked me because they had said they were replacing it (didn't happen till after moving in), I had to mop the floor in the kitchen 3xs just to get it clean.
2) I have been sick almost the entire time I have lived here, I think I know why...not only the smoke odor in the apartment (which mind you I am a non smoker), but just last month there was black mold growing in my kids bedroom closet (the maintenance man did remove it).
3) Due to long, brown things that crawl, they were going to fog each and every unit. They have you clean out your cupboards. I did this. Then come to find out that they were only going to spray because not everyone emptied their cabinets (I realize that isn't the managements fault). However, I also found out that my neighbor didn't even get a notice that they were planning on that, and that they had just fogged a unit in this same section. Why? I was told no one else had ever reported this problem...then why is this person saying they did have their unit fogged by them? There was a big problem, has been and thats the facts. I found at least 25 dead in my bottom drawer in the kitchen. They didn't travel obviously cause they were dead!
I had to put crawling brown things instead of what they actually are, I'm sure you can figure out what that is refereeing to...as this site won't let you type certain things.,,,Interesting.
I want out of this place – The management will tell other residents your business, talk about your complanits to other residents. People that have more money out here gets away with whatever they want, those who dont are being evicted for the smallest things. They overcharge for non sense. These places really arent that nice to live in. If I had a descion I wouldnt move here again, I want out
Horrible Customer Service _ DO NOT GO THERE – When I first moved in, I thought it would be great, but the problems started right off the bat. The washer and dryer did not work. They replaced them. Then the dryer still didnt work, and they took it with my roommates clothes still in it (we thought they were coming to fix it, but they took it). The latest one still doesnt work, and it costs us twice the energy to dry clothes b/c it takes 2x times to dry.
Not well insulated and insects get in really bad. Lots of spiders. The light situation inside is bad, as well as the smoke detector. When you ask them to fix problems, they act like one of the three stooges.
Then, when you ask about the price to stay after
your year lease is up, you get lots of different answers that. It will end up costs my roommate and I several hundred dollars extra. The new management is horrible.
Its often very loud; which makes getting work (school or otherwise) doneas well as sleeping.
I will end up moving out asap (even during Winter, though had planned on staying through Spring or Summer) b/c of how poorly they handle things.
I would stay away and find another place, unless you just want to commit to a year lease and deal with a bunch of BS even if you do that.
P.S. The rates they give you aren't really quite what they are. The base rate is actually 850 for a bedroom. Then they modify that (but use that as a base so they can lie/mess with you). They tack on $50 extra a month on your year lease if you roll it over month to month. The discounts you get don't actually change the rent amount, just reduce your payments. If you get a $100 discount, your rent is $850, you just only pay $750. That is how they get around telling you lies when your year lease is up and you want to roll over month-to-month rent, and expect it to be $800 b/c of the extra $50, but instead they make you pay $900.
Beware, watch out, stay away!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Turnberry Village Apts on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.